I had leftover bananas in the fridge that were getting pretty mushy… which is PERFECT for this type of recipe. Ripe bananas are perfect to use as a natural sweetener for baking. Note: I would suggested adding dark chocolate chips to this recipe, and I would have, however I have decided to remove all chocolate from my diet during throughout my 30 days of eating clean. Even without the dark chocolate, these cookies are tasty! You won’t be disappointed, I promise!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 Tbsp agave (or honey if not vegan)
- 1 cup dry oats (quick oats work just fine)
- 4 oz crushed pecans (or any other nut- almonds, walnuts, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Hand crush ripe bananas. I would suggest not using a food processor. You don’t want the mixture to be too liquidy. It’s supposed to be lumpy!
- Add honey, oats, and nuts.
- 12 cookies will fit on one sheet. Place in oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- Servings: 12, Calories: 85
Total Fat 5g, Sodium 8mg, Total Carbs 8g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugar 5g, Protein 3g
Looking for a recipe nutrition calculator? MyFitnessPal has a very user friendly website just for that!