I’ve always been curious about making protein balls, but shy away due to the high calorie content. Why not substitute pumpkin for peanut butter? They are almost the same consistency, and pumpkin is just as delicious and low in calorie. I highly suggest adding nuts, chia seeds, or even some dark chocolate to make these pumpkin balls even more packed with protein!
- 1 can Libby’s Pumpkin Puree (14.5 oz)
- 2 cups quick oats
- Protein Powder (2 scoops)
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Seasonings to taste: pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg
- walnuts, almonds, pecans, chia seeds
- dark chocolate chips
Check out this website, a list of 30 Protein and Energy Ball Recipes!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine pumpkin puree, oats, protein powder, and honey in a mixing bowl.
- Add seasonings
- Add any additional nuts, chocolate, etc.
- Spray cookie sheet with PAM, or line with parchment paper.
- Put in the oven for approximately 10 minutes (keep an eye out). Be careful to not let the bottom of the ball burn!
- Will make around 30 balls (each around 1 inch)
Nutrition Facts: (does not include nuts, chocolate, etc)
Servings: ~30, Calories: 30
Total Fat 0g, Sodium 3mg, Total Carbs 5g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugar 1g, Protein 1g
Looking for a recipe nutrition calculator? MyFitnessPal has a very user friendly website just for that!