I’m almost done with my 30 days of eating clean. I can’t believe it… time has flown by! Surprisingly, I’m not tired of my typical “fried egg and half avocado” breakfast until this week. I was ready to switch it up, and who knew that make a quiche would be so simple?! This recipe allows for flexibility in terms of vegetable choices. I decided to use broccoli, mushrooms, and asparagus because, well, that is what I had that in my fridge! Feel free to use whatever you want, but be careful- don’t use TOO many veggies, as this dish could turn out a “veggie dish” with a side of egg. The veggie to egg ratio is key!
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk product will work)
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour (whole wheat flour will work as well)
- 2-3 cups broccoli
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6-10 spears asparagus
- 1 small yellow onion
- Spices to taste: oregano, salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- On the stove, sauté onion in coconut oil until onion is soft. Add chopped veggies and stir occasionally.
- While veggies are cooking, in a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk, and brown rice flour. Try to stay away from bleached flour if possible!
- Add spices to egg mixture.
- Grease baking dish. I suggest a square or circle pan, approx. 8″.
- Dump veggies into the dish first, followed by the egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the stop layer is slightly brown. Make sure the eggs are cooked before pulling it out of the oven.
- Let quiche cool for 5 minutes, then serve away!
Servings: 4, Calories: 150
Total Fat 6g, Sodium 122mg, Total Carbs 17g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugar 3g, Protein 10g
Looking for a recipe nutrition calculator? MyFitnessPal has a very user friendly website just for that!