Sometimes, a girl just craves pizza. And let’s be honest, I’m not talking about just eating one slice. You ever had one of those days where you want to have an entire pizza ALL TO YOURSELF? Yeah, I was having one of those days.
I finally knocked some sense into myself and realized I could still enjoy a pizza dish without feeling overly full or guilty. I wasn’t committed to trying another cauliflower crust pizza–I was too tired, and not motivated. And then the stars aligned, and I stumbled upon this amazing recipe and decided to go for it.
- 1 eggplant (yields about 12 one inch slices)
- 2 cups spinach
- tomato sauce
- basil, oregano, salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan mozzarella cheese (6 slices)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice eggplant into 1 inch slices and place on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle sea salt over eggplant.
- Bake (or broil) eggplant for approximately 20 minutes.
- Spread tomato sauce on each slice (around 1 tsp of sauce per slice).
- Use half a slice of cheese for each mini pizza.
- Yes, I used vegan cheese. I actually didn’t notice that much of a difference. It’s healthy, gluten free, and only 40 calories a slice. Anyone else out there have a positive or negative experience with these vegan products?
- Top with spinach and a tomato slice.
- Add salt, pepper, oregano or basil to each pizza.
- Place back in the oven for another 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted.
Servings: 4 (3 slices a serving), Calories: 110
Total Fat 6g, Sodium 294mg, Total Carbs 13g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugar 5g, Protein 7g
Looking for a recipe nutrition calculator? MyFitnessPal has a very user friendly website just for that!