It’s no secret that I love desserts and that I love to bake. I used to bake ALL the time in college–anything to procrastinate from doing homework! AM I RIGHT?
Chia seeds are a great way to add fiber and protein to your dessert. Did you know that chia seeds are packed with a high amount of antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids? CHA CHA CHA CHIA! They expand in liquid, which makes this dessert even more fun! This is so incredibly easy, sweet, guilt-free, filling, and simple. Less than 7 ingredients, and only 5 minutes of your time.
- 1 banana cut into thin slices (Not into bananas? Use berries!)
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup almond milk (soy or coconut would work as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon (a pinch of nutmeg wouldn’t be so bad either!)
- If you decide to use berries, opt out on adding cinnamon.
- 1 Tbsp agave (or honey if not vegan)
- top with coconut flakes or chopped nuts
- Mix all ingredients (minus your toppings).
- Cover and let it sit overnight. The chia seeds will expand and TADAH! You got yourself some pudding!
- Top with nuts or coconut before serving.
Serving Size: 3 Calories: 138
Total Fat 8g, Sodium 362mg, Total Carbs 15g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Sugar 5g, Protein 3g
Looking for a recipe nutrition calculator? MyFitnessPal has a very user friendly website just for that!