This weather has been a constant yo-yo the past week or so. It’s fine. I get it. It’s spring. There is no “consistent” weather. That just doesn’t happen. No reason to get your panties in a bunch about it.
So with some cooler days ahead, I decided to make something to warm the soul.
The carrot and ginger combination is amazing. I’m not even sure the word “amazing” is enough to describe how amazing it really is!
- 3-4 cups chopped carrots (for me this was 2 bags of carrots I picked up at the market)
- 3 Tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1 can coconut milk (14 oz)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion (or half of large onion)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- olive or coconut oil for sautéing
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop and measure all of your ingredients.
- In a large pot, sauté garlic and onions (use olive or coconut oil).
- Add all ingredients at once!
- Let simmer for 20 min. Take off the stove when carrots have become soft.
- Pour everything (yup, you heard me) into a blend/food processor.
- Serve with brown rice, quinoa, farro, pita bread, whole grain baguette… just have fun with it!